[CQ-Contest] SS phone

K0HB K-Zero-HB at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 05:25:32 EST 2003

>  One-way prop seemed to dominate the
>  weekend from here.

I'm glad someone else noticed!  I've always kinda wondered if "one-way
skip" was real, but this weekend made a believer out of me.  On all bands,
but it seemed especially on 20, I had many instances where guys with HUGE
signals couldn't even seem to hear me when I put a full-legal signal right
at them.  This seemed most prevalent with signals from the NE.  One W1 was
an honest 10-over-9 and CQ'd in my face for at least a minute before I got
his attention.  I wondered if some of those Greenies had climbed my tower
and substituted a cantenna for my TH7!

If it was evident me running B-power, I can imagine the A and Q guys really
noticed it.

73, de Hans, K0HB