[CQ-Contest] On Line Logs

J. Allen jallen at internorth.com
Mon Nov 17 20:50:51 EST 2003

Are we discussing a real problem?

Over the years since moving to Yukon, I have found that people are basically
honest.  Only 1 or 2 in 1000 QSL requests are "bogus" and these may simply
be due to errors.   I would like to think that the discussion of cheaters is
very nearly academic.

Consider carefully shortening the submision time.  If it becomes too short
for me, I would not bother submitting a late log at all.  That would allow
the potential cheaters that are being discussed here unlimited access
because they could claim contact and know that no one would be the wiser.

I wonder how many people really care that much about the tiny improvement in
a score to "steal" an undeserved contact....  I have found contesters and
the contesting community to be great people.

...I trust....

J.

VY1JA