[CQ-Contest] Logbook of the World as substitute for bureau QSLing

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 18 07:38:52 EST 2003

--- Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com> wrote:

> All QSOs, both domestic and DX, will be reported to LotW every couple of
> months, after the log deadline for any contests included in the batch.  No
> more "pre-emptive" bureau cards will be sent, and I will no longer respond
> to QSLs sent to me via the bureau system.

As Doug W9WI pointed out, LoTW is too complicated for most people.  We can not
force people to use technology just because it's there, or just because we do.

At KC1XX, I still intend to send pre-emptive paper QSOs for all new band/modes
(Summer 2004 timeframe), as well as upload logs to eQSO and LoTW (after the log
submission deadline has passed).  We get bureau cards, but never look at them,
so that's a non-issue.  Direct cards will still be answered direct. We'll
continue to re-evaluate this "paper QSO" decision as time and technology
marches forward.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC