[CQ-Contest] Getting back into contesting

Russell Hill rustyhill at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 06:56:05 EST 2003

After being out of contesting for most of 10 years, except for occasional
sporadic activity, I am going to try to get on the 10M contest in Dec, and I
need some "modern-day" advice:

I have an old CT program running on my equally old 286 DOS machine.  I am
trying to decide whether to update it and run it on the 286, or on my
current Pentium laptop.  Or maybe I might buy a copy of TR or NA.  I have no
basis on which to make a comparative decision.  I do plan to run other
contests, including state parties, and do not wish to be limited in the
contests covered by the contest software.  I would really appreciate some
advice.

Is getting the output (report) into a Cabrillo format any big deal?

What is the URL to send my contest log for the most people to see?  Is
"Eskimo" or some other site the preferred public post for claimed results?

What else should I have asked that I am not knowledgeable enough to know
about?

Many thanks in advance,

73, Rusty
NA5TR