[CQ-Contest] "Please copy my number"

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 18 10:38:25 EST 2003

Milt:

I was about to comment on NOT using the word "check" before the check in
the message when you suggested it is a good thing.  In my opinion,
"check" sounds too much like "six" in QRM.  I couldn't count the times I
thought I had got the first digit of the check as "six" only to finally
figure out that the weak or QRMed station was saying "check."  It would
be a good practice NEVER to say check before the numbers, although I am
sure I must have said it myself sometimes.

73,

John, K4BAI.