[CQ-Contest] Old SS Battles

Charles Margelli cmandjm at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 19:37:01 EST 2003

I think the screaming on my part occurred in 1970 when it became apparent that OM Quack hadn't doubled my score while he was at W7RM!

There were, indeed, some great battles in the 1970s, and it was always the quality of the competition that made it sweet when I managed to prevail. Rush and Quack both contributed mightily to these fun times, and I am forever grateful for the opportunities they made available, and for their encouragement.

But it just hasn't been the same since the Canal Zone went away. I miss the Canal Zone!

73,

Chip Margelli, K7JA/V63RR