[CQ-Contest] Number, Check, etc

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Thu Nov 20 21:08:42 EST 2003

It also does wonders to consider your breathing when confronted with such a long message as in Sweepstakes.  If, before you launch into it, you take a breath, you can say it all in one, well-modulated, well-timed stream.  Otherwise, you have to gulp air somewhere around the end of your call, unless you're going so rapidly that most people can't follow it.  You sound more in-control, you calm yourself, and you don't create wierdly placed pauses and hiccups that work against maintaining a rhythm.  I am always struck by how the Big Dogs are so smooth and even, not flailing around and making mistakes.  Sure, they hurry it up when there's rate to be had, but I never feel like they're about to spin out and go through guard rail. (like I do, hihi)

73, Ward N0AX