[CQ-Contest] Northern SS-expeditions are not worth it de VY1JA

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Fri Nov 21 14:43:13 EST 2003

Jay,

I appreciate what you guys do up there.  Let me just say at W0NO, we had to pull out the stops to work VY1MB.  We could just barely hear the station in Kansas on Saturday.  I pointed the low Force 12 to VY and was looking around for the multiplier.  Could not hear one until someone had a spot on DX Summit.  We dialed up and could barely read the signal.  So, I swung the top Force 12 and fed them both to work the station.  Copy was very marginal both ways and we were running legal limit, and stacked Force 12 beams at 100 feet and 70 feet.  Either we hit it at the bad time for propagation or there were a lot of guys with lower beams that could not hear you.  So, I appreciate your comments about propagation.

73's and thanks for the effort you do up there.

Lee - K0WA