[CQ-Contest] What callsign to use in CQ WW CW 2003?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:46:17 EST 2003

--- "Andy Drofa"  <np3d at mail.ru> wrote:

> My call is NP3D and I live in Bayside, NY. I am going to participate in
> coming CQ WW CW Contest. Can someone suggest me what callsign I should use in
> the contest? I do not want to use W2/NP3D or NP3D/W2 - this is too long I
> hope you understand me. I could use NP3D/2 but this call looks like from KP2?
> I if use just NP3D this will confuse the people who thinks that I am working
> from Puerto Rico. I posted a message in several Bullettines tht NP3D is in
> Zone 5 USA, not in Zone 8, PR.

Hi Andy,

Please use NP3D by itself.  The latest country file will score this as United
States, Zone 5.  Don't sign NP3D/2, that will confuse the software and it will
think you are in US Virgin Islands (NP2).

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC