[CQ-Contest] Contest Operation With Confusing Callsigns

ae327 at lafn.org ae327 at lafn.org
Tue Nov 25 19:43:54 EST 2003

Dear Andrei,

If you have any sympathy for the people who check logs, please use W2/NP3D.

If one of your goals is that the NP3D operation have an overall positive effect
on the scores of all the participants that you work, please sign W2/NP3D.

If, on the other hand, you desire to test the copying skills of those that work
you, you can sign something that is likely to cause confusion like NP3D or
NP3D/2. A good number will log your zone incorrectly and lose credit. This will
happen whether you send in a log or not. It will take log-checking effort to
make this happen. It could prompt inquiries to the committee such as, "Why did
I lose credit?"

Whatever you choose, please send in your electronic logs. No matter how small
your effort is, your actual log facilitates the log-checking process.

Good luck this weekend.

73,

Dick Norton VK4/N6AA
(VK4UC this weekend)

Hello dear fellows contesters!

I am new here and have a question, please.

My call is NP3D and I live in Bayside, NY. I am going to participate in coming
CQ WW CW Contest. Can someone suggest me what callsign I should use in the
contest? I do not want to use W2/NP3D or NP3D/W2 - this is too long I hope you
understand me. I could use NP3D/2 but this call looks like from KP2? I if use
just NP3D this will confuse the people who thinks that I am working from Puerto
Rico.

I posted a message in several Bullettines that NP3D is in Zone 5 USA, not in
Zone 8, PR. But someone told me that many people do not read the bulletines and
do not update their Contest programs. Last cty.file changed my zone to zone 5.
What should I do considering three days left to the Contest?

Thank you and see in the contest

Andrei EW1AR/NP3D