[CQ-Contest] LOTW secuity--hams as a microcosm

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Wed Oct 1 10:35:39 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:02:00 -0000
  "W. Wright, W5XD" <w5xd at writelog.com> wrote:
>gain. Would you really be willing to give access to your bank account
>to an
>organization that pays its people like the ARRL?

Gee...That's kind of harsh, isn't it?  How about people like Ken Lay
and the executives he had working for him at Enron?  Paid way more
than anyone at ARRL, yet they still affected peoples lives and
futures.

I give my Visa card to people who get paid the lowest in the service
industry just about every day: waiters, hardware/department store
'associates', etc.   Sure, my card is protected to a degree, but I've
NEVER had anyone ever use my card for anything beyond what I was
purchasing.

There ARE people out there who are working for the sake of what they
are doing and are not in it strictly for the $$.  They have integrity
and honor even though they may not be paid well.

dale, kg5u