[CQ-Contest] Re: LOTW Again!

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Tue Oct 7 22:27:14 EDT 2003

"Exactly! Don't expect to get WAZ, 5BWAZ, WPX, or USA-CA using LOTW."

Oh?  Why not?  Has CQ Communications said that they won't support LotW?
That's certainly news to me...

C'mon guys.  The League has said all along that they are going to make
Logbook open to other organizations that wish to use it for awards or other
purposes.  Sheesh, just go READ the bloody FAQ page!

If you'd like CQ, or anyone else, to use LotW, then ask THEM if they will.
Don't start on the League again.

I don't get it.  I just don't get it.  For 10, 15 years, I've heard people
harp on the League for not getting "with it" and supporting electronic
submissions.  They've done their homework and done an excellent job of
desiging a flexible, secure system that (in time) can be used by anyone, and
yet will continue to maintain the more traditional methods (ie QSL cards)
for those who (on either end) decline to use this new alternative system.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

73, ron wn3vaw

46th Annual Pennsylvania QSO Party October 11 & 12!
www.nittany-arc.org/paqso.html
Look for N3SH - Allegheny County, WA3SH - Fayette County, and NP2SH -- US
Virgin Islands!
For more information see www.washarc.org