[CQ-Contest] Contest Spam

Chuck k3ft at erols.com
Wed Oct 15 17:28:10 EDT 2003

It's no different than what Jay VY1JA does. Every so often, he'll pop up on
the reflector and just let folks know that he'll be on for SS. He also gives
a brief rundown of his expected op schedule, the frequency ranges he likes
to hang out on, and USUALLY a brief comment or two about the fact that due
to local interference and propagation anomalies (doncha just LOVE that
word - anomalies!)  from the Aurora Borealis that he knows that you'll hear
him but he might not hear you too well and to take that into account.

I don't think that anyone every accused Jay of sending 'contest spam'.  My
opinion is that this is what this guy is doing.  Same thing as when I
announce, each August that the MDC QSO Party is upcoming and a brief
statement as to the rules, where to find the info, etc. I also add that I'll
be operating from xx County and wil be looking for other folks. I also
encourage folks to participate.

Never had anyone reply that they had a problemwith it.

But. as they say.. Your Mileage May Vary.

73

Chuck K3FT