[CQ-Contest] SSCW Secrets - scheduling!??!?

Scott R. w4pa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 12:29:17 EDT 2003

VE7FO writes:
>If there is one * that tells my wife that I might enter it but if she
>wants to schedule something else, go right ahead - no need to ask me.

>If there are two * that tells my wife that I want to enter this one
>but it's negotiable.

>*** tells my wife that this is a biggie and there isn't much that's
>more important to me than being in it.

>You don't want to overdo the *** ones. For the four months Sep to Dec
>I have only 11 of them.

Jim, 11 "must operate"??!? A quick look at the calendar says among
Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec for 2003 there are only 17 weekends total!

Now THAT'S a commitment to contest operating.

I do much the same, for the ones I must operate...my wife and I both
have calendars in the kitchen that we notate for each other and I write
CONTEST as needed, which trumps any other possibilities including
family engagements (I am in a long time multi-ham family - they all
understand, thank goodness, and I was doing this before we got married,
so Mary knew what she was getting herself into...)

Scott W4PA

=====
Always been the radio's child
Quick-to-smile precious baby