[CQ-Contest] TS930S vs. DX Doubler

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Fri Oct 17 12:18:01 EDT 2003

I have a problem with my TS930 and DX Doubler. "Everything used to work"
before I removed the 930 from the station and reinstalled it a week
later using the same Top Ten Devices prefab cable. The 930 is now
playing a constant monitor tone while connected to the DX Doubler and
selected as the transmit radio. It is not on the air. I can transmit by
keying it with the computer or external keyer and I hear the regular
monitor tone AMing the constant tone. It's as if I have some kind of
constant low impedance on the key line, enough to key the monitor but
not the transmitter. A true open circuit doesn't cause the problem and
connecting the external keyer directly to the rig (bypassing the DX
Doubler) works fine. The DX Doubler continues to key the FT1000MP just
fine when the MP is selected for transmit. Does anyone remember a cause
and cure for this one?

/Rick N6XI