[CQ-Contest] Node overload and cq-contest problems...

Robbins, David DRobbins at eprisolutions.com
Sun Oct 19 06:22:49 EDT 2003

First, something seems to be broke at contesting.com.  I can't post from my home ISP, it doesn't even send back replies from the -request addresses for ct-user or other reflectors... but I can seem to post from a new signup from my work address... but please don't send back to me here.

Now, back to my originally scheduled statement...

Please if you use my ar-cluster node for spots try to spread out to one of the others that carries the same spots.  It is a week before the big contest and I am already over 80 users, at some point near this windows gives up and starts rejecting new connections.  Other nodes in New England that should be carrying the same spots are dx.w1gq.net, na2na.net, and aa2mf.net.  If you are running spot suckers please try to only connect to one node in this group and pick one that has fewer users(which is all 3 of them!).  I really don't want to throw anyone off, but if connections start getting dropped or rejected because of overload it doesn't help anyone, and just distracts me from the contest.

As always, set up your software, try different node connections, set filters, and make sure you know how to use it now.  Those of us running nodes and doing contests won't be able to talk you through that kind of stuff at 2350z next Friday!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net