[CQ-Contest] Re: ON4UN and the Ten-Tec Orion

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Tue Oct 28 10:56:52 EST 2003

VR2BG> Kinda like if Mario tried to drive his Chrysler through a gap that is
okay
for my Subaru - on the other side, they both will be functional cars, but
his
will have some serious damage down both the near & offsides.

I prefer wide motorways although there is more traffic there :-)

The quality of digital signals reception is measured by statistical error
rates in function of signal-to-noise ratio.
Obviously there is less unwanted noise in narrow filters but you might lose
desirable signal energy.
There is an optimal filter setting for every digital mode and it happens to
be 260 Hz for RTTY.

I am pleasantly surprised with a tech responses on this reflector!

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, 3V8BB last CQ WW SSB weekend.

P.S.  I wish I had a better radio then TS-850 on 40 m SSB.