[CQ-Contest] low output on IC756Pro II/solved

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:59:42 EST 2003

Hello Everyone,
Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions or a similar experience.
Several of you asked me to post the solution, so here it is. I recently had
the rig on a flight from EU, and Icom says it's likely the vibration changed
an internal setting or 2.

The solution is to adjust R507 on the Main A board (remove the bottom
cover). This pot is tiny, and also the label is almost an inch away due to a
chassis screw and other components in the area. Locate the adj pot for the
Speech Syth, which is also in that area, or the chassis screw. Before
adjusting, set your xmit freq to 14.10000, mode=RTTY,Tuner - off, RF Power -
Max. Next adjust R507 (using a dummy load) for 100 watts.

This solved the problem. Before the adjustment I had 75W out, now I can
easily get 100W out and all is again well.
This solution was provided by Icom tech support over the phone.

73 Darrell AB2E