[CQ-Contest] Re: QSO B4

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 4 20:12:57 EDT 2003

No arguement of the IDing thread but here's an additional possibility if you are listening in on the DX station:

2 mins with no ID
DX:  QRZ
ME:  N1UR
DX: N1UR 5933
ME: 5905
DX: QRZ

And your thinking, he must have grabbed the spot.

Nope.  I am running at a good clip on radio 1 and caught the guy's call 3 mins ago and he is still in my radio 2 buffer.  This was my first chance to call him and not break my rate.

Be careful what you assume when listening in.

That said, I don't think you should go more than 60 secs without IDing.  I don't.

73

Ed  N1UR