[CQ-Contest] Young teams for NA Sprint Phone, ops wanted!

ke9r at ke9r.com ke9r at ke9r.com
Tue Sep 9 11:40:36 EDT 2003

World Wide Young Contesters (WWYC) is assembling YM/YL teams for NA
Sprint Phone this Sat 0-4z.

We are looking for any operator under 30 that can pick out a HF radio
in a lineup of a blender, a bottle of shampoo, and a marble. You give
us that, we will go from there.

The attempt of WWYC's participation in this contest is to expose the
YM crowd to excellent contest operators as well as showcase that we
are there, alive, and having fun.

If you are a YM/YL operator and are willing to make as few as 2 QSOs
during Sprint please email me and I'll add you to our teams. If you're
a OM, know a few young'ins, and if they do not see your version of
contesting as appealing, send them on over to us. We know how it is to
be slow, poor, frustrated, and not QRO. Theres quite a bond that forms
while being in that shadow.

We realize that Sprint can be a hard contest. We want nothing from our
YM/YL participates other then to have a good time, figure out contesting,
and submit a log that has at least one valid QSO on it.

Please be patient with our operators. Many of them have never operated
Sprint before and the format and the speed of things is entirely new to
them. We will be sending out a Sprint primer and a motivational bag of
goodies before the contest to prepare everyone. However, all this will
be wasted if you get on, are +60, and act like they should be exchanging
info with you like a drinking buddy at WRTC. When you work a YM op give
them some encouragement, low numbers are frustrating when you hear all
the high ones buzzing by you.

Current teams are:

	Score Reductions Greater than 10% (Stateside):
		AF4QZ
		KU5B
		KE9R
		KB1IPK
		K3ASK
		N5XU (KM5TY)
		N9YM

	Attenuated by the Ocean (DX): <-- true WWYC members, dedicated!
		LU1FAM
		M5RIC
		CT1HXB
		CT1ILT

If you're bored at work, got nothing to do, go check out the WWYC
website at: http://www.wwyc.net/. Print out the newsletters and
read them over lunch. Give them to those young kids that look at
your station (does that ever happen anymore?).

73 Greg/KE9R
ke9r.com