[CQ-Contest] OT: Recording Audio

Noah Lorang NoahLorang at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 14 21:40:25 EDT 2003

This isn't exactly the point of the list, but since I know some of you do
this, you might be able to help.

I've heard people talk about recording contests to computers or tape, and
I've seen such recordings online. This next weekend, I'm setting up the PA
system for a speaker at a non-profit organization. The organization would
like a recording, and the ability to put it, or parts of it on their websites.

Since I have the opportunity to tap directly into the sound board (since,
after all, I'm in charge of the sound board), I figured I could either
record it to cassette, or since they have a Win98 laptop with 8 gigs of
free space, record it directly onto the computer.

In short, how do you record directly from a sound board (or transceiver
headphone output) onto a computer? Do you need a special card at all, or do
you just drop a line from the output to the computer sound card? What
software do you use?

Any help would be appreciated.

Noah