[CQ-Contest] Tower survey

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Tue Sep 23 23:40:56 EDT 2003

With the news that Rohn is in trouble comes the possibility that those of us who have been using Rohn towers exclusively might have to try something new in the future. But what would that be?

My reason for writing this message is to invite those of you with expertise in non-Rohn tower lines to write up informative summaries of what you know and what's good and bad about these alternatives. This information would be a good resource for all of us regardless of the final outcome of the Rohn situation. I am particularly interested in guyed tower alternatives to 25G and 45G.

73,

Jim K1IR
A guy who knows nothing but Rohn.