[CQ-Contest] Spotting cheaters

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 07:16:40 EST 2004

How do we know that packet cheating is rampant? Who got away with it? What
evidence do we have? Which contest's pecking order has been substantially or
even minimally affected by packet cheating?.................VE4XT

Good points.  Cheaters are like the people who cheat on their income tax.
They certainly don't advertise the fact they do it.

Maybe a few disqualifications instead of classification "reassignments" might
work.  I taught middle school for 30 years and on the first day I told the
kids if you cheat on a test, no second chances.  I rip up your paper, you get a
zero.  It may not have stopped all cheating on the tests, but it sure cut it
down after the first paper in the class got chucked in the wastebasket for
cheating.  Maybe we need to do the same thing at the ARRL and CQ
headquarters?.......and advertise the fact?  Just a thought.

Bill K4XS