[CQ-Contest] Run vs S&P

Alan C. Zack k7acz at cox.net
Sat Apr 3 12:29:39 EST 2004

This is a very good question.  I personally heard a Big Gun station
doing a run on the low end of the band constantly calling CQ Contest.
Farther down the band was the same call trying to bust a pileup with a
DX station.  I put both frequencies in my 2 VFO's and switched back
and forth.  There was definitely two stations, with different voices,
using the same call, transmitting at the same time.  One operator
calling CQ Contest, the other calling a DX station in a pile up.

"Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" wrote:

> A very good point was made about Run frequencies not being relinquished when a station moves to S&P.  SO2R is one example, and now many MM stations are utilizing a 2nd station on a band for S&P operations.  Run frequencies are going to be scarce as we loose 10M and 15 to some extent.
>
> Time to invest in narrow filters!
>
> 73 de Al, KE1FO

 Alan Zack
 Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
 Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
 Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
 SEMPER PARATUS
 http://www.gocoastguard.com/