[CQ-Contest] Becoming a better operator? A TEST!

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sat Apr 3 15:46:44 EST 2004

> Hmmmm....  That last one implies lots of work and effort!    I suspect
that
> it MIGHT be true but I just don't know.  Guess I will have to do ANOTHER
> scientific test.   Any suggestions?

I think you screwed up by using paper money, Bob. If you throw enough
quarters, dimes, and nickels at or near the base of your tower, eventually
you will form a continuous conductiing ground plane structure. This can
be especially helpful effective if you shunt feed your tower for 160 meters.
Rumor has it that this is how all the loud guys on 160 do it. In fact my
sources tell me that W8JI stole a convoy of Brinks trucks and then
dumped all the coinage around his four square. Of course shoveling
all those quarters into a fertilizer spreader is still a lot of work.

73 de Mike, W4EF (aka Elmer Fudd)...................