[CQ-Contest] Becoming a better operator? A TEST!

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sat Apr 3 19:43:57 EST 2004

kq2m at earthlink.net writes:
>>Any suggestions?<<
We should have operator SAT or IQ test. Smarter OPs should have penalty
coefficient applied to their scores.

You throw 187 devaluated bucks and call it money? That barely buys paddle on
Ebay. You need to throw real money, like at least $10,000 (just let me know
when :-)

We saw "money contester" KC3E, Kenny bought the station, the biggest, had
"contractors" put it up. Got bunch of "divers" to operate, they won some, after
two years got bored sold everything and moved to W6. That's it. Flash in a pan.

The real contesters work their way up from no money, biting it through the
"ladder" all the way to decent stations and the top boxes listings, and they
last. Nothing beats learning curve on "inferior" radios, challenge and mystery of
the next contest's propagation, etc.

The deeper one dives into antenna and propagation stuff,
the more (s)he learns how little (s)he knows. Its all in the angles.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us