[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

Phillip Landmeier felipe at conexion.com
Sat Apr 3 23:29:00 EST 2004

As your message came in Zack, I was about to say the same thing. I
only run a little peanut-whistle station these days but if a station
is fairly strong I can ALWAYS work them on the first call.

This last contest, while I was working Europeans right and left,
there was an Italian station who was calling his head off and getting
some answers. He was LOUD here in Florida and yet he could not hear
me AT ALL. When a weak station calls, a running station will at least
stop and try to work you. This guy kept on calling like I didn't even
exist. I came back to his frequency every few minutes for a while and
then gave up. What's up with that?

The thought did cross my mind that he was running quite a few db of
gain that was not coming from his antennas  :-(

Phil
KW2P (ex AB7BS)