[CQ-Contest] ANOTHER SMELLY SUBJECT

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Sun Apr 4 13:16:43 EDT 2004

N6TJ> (when I was in Slovenia for WRTC2000, one very well known European
operator came up to me and bragged that most everyone who is competitive in
his area were running Henry 8K's).

Part of the EU problem is outdated hamradio regulations permitting 200 W in
Russia, recent 500 W input in Italy etc.
Plate dissipation was a limit in DL for a long time.   Lot of CQ WW M/M
records were made by illegal power I've seen on private photos.
Contest rules now explicitly allow 1.500 W RF maximum but some operators
like to send more then that in each antenna system.
There is also increase of military QRM on HF but we are making life
difficult by our own TX.
OC S53MV recommends 10 W RF limit for hams!  QRO industry would colapse :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, SB-221