[CQ-Contest] Re: [dx-list] Bill W4AN - SK

Leigh S. Jones kr6x at kr6x.com
Sun Apr 4 23:00:14 EDT 2004

The rising spector of BPL, the frivolous changes to the structure of
amateur in the US, the
terrible attacks upon Morse Code as a mode of communications, and the
tragic loss of
our keystone of communications, Bill, W4AN, threaten now to to kick
the underpinnings
of Amateur Radio from beneath the technological community that stands
as a pillar of the
modern world.

It is time now to immediately recognize the gigantic danger that this
change to our society
represents.  It is time to band together to fill the void left by
Bill, W4AN.  This is a task
that is critical to modern man that I am sadly unable to properly
voice.  If contesting falls,
amateur radio will soon fall.  If amateur radio falls, our
technological world is critically
weakened.

I cannot hope to provide the cornerstone to this structure.  I'm only
able to weakly
comprehend the effect of this tragedy.  Yet I find this tragedy a
great one, an immense
tragedy to man.

It is necessary for us to band together at this time, and to seek new
avenues to provide
for the lost strengths and services that Bill provided.  Though I can
see this truth clearly,
I do not see the solution.  For the sake of mankind, at this pivotal
hour, I cast hope for
a provider.

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X