[CQ-Contest] W4AN SK

W1HIJCW at aol.com W1HIJCW at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 11:03:39 EDT 2004

What a shock that was this morning ...

For me, Bill Fisher was an early link into the contesting community. Back in
'96 when I was getting back into contesting after 25 years of QRT, I called
Bill on the phone for some reason or other which I do not remember now. After
that conversation, I felt that I was welcomed and appreciated. Ever since
whenever I would hear W4AN it brought warm and happy memories of his openness and
hospitality and represented  to me a special link to the worldwide group we know
as the contesting community.

RIP Bill

de Bill, W1HIJ/6
aka FO8DX, FO0SCH, W6UFT
FD 04 -- KP2AA, FD 03 -- CO0US, FD 02 -- NP4A