[CQ-Contest] Run vs S&P

Schulz Jonathan jonathan.schulz at siemens.com
Tue Apr 6 12:16:13 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan C. Zack [mailto:k7acz at cox.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 2:30 PM
To: Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)
Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Run vs S&P

This is a very good question.  I personally heard a Big Gun station
doing a run on the low end of the band constantly calling CQ Contest.
Farther down the band was the same call trying to bust a pileup with a
DX station.  I put both frequencies in my 2 VFO's and switched back
and forth.  There was definitely two stations, with different voices,
using the same call, transmitting at the same time.  One operator
calling CQ Contest, the other calling a DX station in a pile up.

This is illegal? AFAIK Only 1 transmitted signal per band at any time, hope
it wasn't where I was operating...

73
Jon
K9JS