[CQ-Contest] SO3R???

Hanlon, Steve SHanlon at dnr.state.md.us
Wed Apr 7 14:57:16 EDT 2004

> Actually it seems to me that incorporating 3rd radio and
> running SO3R would seem quite a reasonable thing to do.

and then what, you pull a rabbit out of your hat?  i would like to see someone use 3 radios in a meaningful way.  i don't see how you can actively use them.  if the 1st radio is calling CQ and you are tuning the second, are you listening for replies on the 1st rig?  maybe that's why when i tried answering several calls i just got the same pre-recorded message again and again.  so you set the 3rd rig to scan the band and listen to activity?  what do the headphones look like for that setup.

but the real question is can you work SO3R, log the qso (from which radio i have no idea), and turn the beam all while chewing gum?

-steve hanlon
KB3KAQ