[CQ-Contest] Does packet spotting really helps rate that much????

Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Apr 15 21:38:52 EDT 2004

Jose,

What band was this taken from. Did you look at 40 or 80 or even 160?

I would expect high rates on the high bands most of the time anyway.
Finding the big gun expeditions is usually not all that difficult even for
the casual op.

The beauty of packet from Colorado is having the east coast spot stuff that
we can't hear or work yet.  I am sure they appreciate us spotting the
Pacific and Asia for them.

The other question to ask is what mults did you work from those spots?  Did
the elusive VE8 or Yukon wander by after seeing the spot?

I wonder how many self spots include a plea for certain mults.

Mike
W0MU