[CQ-Contest] Log has entries that weren't actually worked - how do I fix Cabrillo?

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 18 05:46:31 EDT 2004

In WPX SSB I had some contesting newbies over for training.  One of them
(the spotter sitting at the old 75A4 Rx) logged some stations he didn't
actually work (no Tx).  Given that he's 20 yrs older than the A4, hasn't
been on the air since the A4 was new (1955) and hates computers I have
no trouble forgiving him.  However, my WPX log now has a problem.

I know which Qs were logged that shouldn't have been.

In order to preserve the Q # sequence, I replaced all the non-worked
calls with P5XXX and set the claimed points to 0.

When I looked at the resulting Cabrillo file I see all the P5XXX calls
in there but, of course, no column for claimed points which means I'm
going to get dinged for all the P5XXX Qs that weren't actually made.
Pretty tough to make a convincing claim that they're uniques.

I could just delete the offending Qs but then there would be gaps in the
Q # sequence.  Is this a problem?

If the Q numbers must be sequential with no gaps, how do I communicate
to the log checkers that these Qs aren't real?

Ah, contesting - full of surprises (including working 3B9C with a
barefoot MkV and old TH3 up about 45 ft).

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO

6 Days, 6 hours, 14 min to Florida QSO Party - OJ