[CQ-Contest] awesome upgrades to the 8 band vertical!!

Rex Maner k7qq at netzero.net
Fri Apr 30 23:02:34 EDT 2004

Steve
I would recommend using a combination 80/40 inverted Vee type of arrangement
and cut 40 basicly 7150 it should work good enough for both SSB/CW.  for 80
meters cut for the 3550  band and then when tying off for use leave aprox 2
to 3 feet dangling.  When you want to switch to SSB the dangling end can be
folded back on itself and the antenna will become usable.
I won't give any definate figures as surrounding buldings height etc. will
have some effect on length.   Most consider that the 80/40 elements should
be at 90 deg.s to each other , however it will work almost any way that you
can get it up, even to the point of bending the end of the 80 meter portion
on one or both ends to meet area requirements.

I've  been active in contesting for a few years and have used many different
configurations over the years.  Your antenna system will always be the most
important part of ur station and the part of continious change.

Do the best you can and be persistant is all that I can advise.  Time spent
on the couch or in front of a TV won't put Q's in the Log or points on your
score.  Dig , dig dig.

Good luck

Rex  K7QQ