[CQ-Contest] Ohio QSO Party - 2 Days and Counting

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 14:27:59 EDT 2004

It's less than two days to the 2004 Ohio QSO Party - this Saturday, August
28, from 1600z to 0400z August 29 (noon to midnight EDT).

Full rules, information, operating aids, etc., are at the OQP web  site,
_http://www.oqp.us_ (http://www.oqp.us)

Exchange serial number and QTH (OH county, or for others
state/province/"DX").

80 - 10 meters, multipliers by mode. (88 counties x 2 = 176 possible mults
from outside OH).

A lot of the fun in any state QSO Party involves chasing the "clean  sweep"
of counties. A state map showing the counties is a big help, to see  the jigsaw
puzzle pieces fall into place as you work the counties, and to  anticipate
the mobiles' routes.  An excellent source for such maps  is:

_http://www.census.gov/geo/www/maps/stco_02.htm_
(http://www.census.gov/geo/www/maps/stco_02.htm)

This has county maps for all 50 states; just click on Ohio for an OQP  map.

We will have a great crew of mobiles/rovers covering the entire  state. We
expect all 88 counties to be on the air. We hope you'll  be there to work them
on Saturday!

73,
Jim  K8MR
OQP Chairman