[CQ-Contest] Salmon Run - September 18th and 19th

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 29 16:21:38 EDT 2004

Late August means just one thing in the Pacific Northwest - the salmon runs are beginning as the fish return to our rivers and lakes to spawn.  When those fish start heading upstream, it's also time to remember that the Salmon Run can't be far behind!  Also known as the Washington State QSO Party, the Salmon Run has been picking up steam for the past few years - both in-state and out-of-state.  In 2003 there was activity from EVERY COUNTY in Washington for the first time ever!  Can we do it again?

This year the contest runs on the 18th and 19th of September and we hope that the ionosphere will grace us with the good propagation conditions that can be expected around the autumn equinox.

Please pass the word about the 2004 Salmon Run in your newsletters and on your Web sites.  We'll have a great rack of prizes as always, including a couple of plaques, the ever-popular smoked salmon and the well-received photo certificates.  Complete information about the Salmon Run is available at http://www.wwdxc.org/salmonrun/.  As we find out who is planning a mobile trip or an expedition to a rare county, we will publicize it on the county operations list. This will be a great opportunity to check off some of the rare Washington counties that are hard to find at any other time of the year.

We'll be putting out additional bulletins as the date grows closer! If anyone has questions, please have them send email to: salmonrun at wwdxc.org.

Good luck and hope to see you on the air September 18th and 19th.

73, Ward Silver N0AX
Salmon Run Committee