[CQ-Contest] Line Scores

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Dec 2 14:50:19 EST 2004

More data:

 From Bob Cox in February 2002 --

"...about 30,000 active in the CQ WW SSB and about 22,000 in the CW leg
+/-. There are ~97,000 different calls or
"somethings" in the SSB database for example, of which ~ 2/3 are bad calls!!

Since the CQ WW is much bigger than either the WPX or ARRL, I would suggest
that their #'s are less. The CQWW #'s are still quite big. The #'s of USA
stations is about 7-8 K on SSB and about 5K on CW."

Another data point, largest number of logs ever submitted for an ARRL
contest -- ARRL 10M 2002 -- 3121

73, Pete N4ZR