[CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 3 00:49:36 EST 2004

Hi Bob,

You're right, SSB contesting is tough with a modest station, and
therefore not that much fun.  One can have a lot more success with CW.
You can get quite a few CW stations in the bandwidth occupied by an SSB
station.  I usually don't have any trouble finding a run frequency and
keeping it in CW with my 100-150W and a 37 yr old tri-bander.
Admittedly, I don't have the same number of close-by super stations that
you do.

CW also simply gets through better, giving you more range.  The simple
equation is that CW provides more fun for folks like you and me.

I see RTTY as a middle ground between the two.  Easier to do if you
don't know CW.

73 and I hope you find a way to join in the fun.

de Jim Smith   VE7FO