[CQ-Contest] QST...A radical thought?

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Fri Dec 3 09:42:09 EST 2004

Bill, K4XS suggested an interesting option for consideration:

 > I have been doing some thinking....uh, oh!
 >
 > Perhaps the answer to this line score thing is to offer a QST
subscription in two forms.

An interesting option, Bill.  Maybe even 3 tiers: Gold - Silver - Bronze
(the latter being for those who ONLY want to receive the advertisements :-)

Seriously, we live in an "Information On Demand" world.  As much as I also
recall the days of being a teenager waiting, and waiting, and w-a-i-t-i-n-g
for QST to finally come out with the SS scores so I could see how I
compared with the usual Section Winner (who was always very loud running
the Collins KW Xmtr at "100 watts").

The "cut numbers" in contests see to keep getting shorter and shorter and
shorter.  With the inherent need-4-speed to boost QSO/hour rates, I'm
really quite surprised that most would not prefer (or even be willing to
pay for a separate online/"on demand" subscription) to have the contest
results more expedited for viewing and/or download.

Hmmm... Fed-X has two flavors of "next day delivery", two-day air, a
three-day saver plan and now even "Ground" to compete with UPS.  Heck, I'd
pay a bit extra to get ONLY certain contest scores a month or two earlier
"online".

73...

Rick, K6VVA