[CQ-Contest] re /QRP

Jack Schuster w1wef at intergate.com
Mon Dec 6 09:19:53 EST 2004

I hate hearing that "/QRP" appendage, but if I had to cite one good thing about doing it, there is one. At times I may be wondering how propagation is...maybe I've gone a couple of minutes with no answer to CQ's. When an S9 /QRP station comes back, I know there's still hope!  When I go back to the QRPer, I dont usually include the /QRP, nor do I log it. It is really bothersome when the station comes back again with his /QRP!!! I already heard that he was QRP, and HE knows he's QRP, so why waste the time!
As far as I'm concerned, Life's too short for LP, nevermind QRP, but to each his own!   JACK W1WEF