[CQ-Contest] ARRL and Contesting

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 09:03:55 EST 2004

--- Mike Kasrich <aj9c at indy.rr.com> wrote:

>> As to the line scores I miss them too but
understand
> math I suppose.
> Whether Field Day is an operating event or not is
> immaterial .  The
> reason those scores are in QST is because of the
> wide range of appeal
> the event has to the "SOTB" types and they all want
> to see their group's
> name in lights after the event.

Exactly!!  This is why the line scores should be
returned.  Imagine of the thrill of seeing your own
call in QST for the first time.  Maybe it is for a VHF
contest where you made a few 2 meter FM QSOs, or some
2 meter/70cm FM with your dualbander.  However it is
done, seeing your call in the national journal for
amateur radio may be enough to get you wanting to
contest again.  If it is good at the club level, then
it should definitely work at the individual level.

73s John NE0P

=====
John Geiger
Associate Professor of Psychology, Cameron University

Ham Call NE0P, active 160m-70cm
Radios: Icom 756(HF/6), Icom 706 (HF, 6, 2), Kenwood TH-F6A (2m/1.25m/70cm), Standard C156A (2 meters)
Antennas: 2 element Mini Quad, Cushcraft A14810S, Homebrew G5RV

3 VUCCs on 50mhz: from EN41, EN51, EM04, #1014, #1015, #1290
2 meter VUCC #615
Satellite VUCC #129
County Hunters award (500): #3301, all 6 meters