[CQ-Contest] ARRL v. contesters

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 10:31:45 EST 2004

I have been playing at radio for too many years, and
my main interests have been 160m DX, contesting and
(previously) DF contests. Deep inside, and hidden from
the world, I have always felt that these are all
pretty pointless activities, with the most pointless
being DF contests!

Without exception, non amateurs who have pressed me
hard about 'what do you actually do' have thought DF
contests to be a wonderful idea, contests to be a
pretty good idea, and 160m DXing to be utterly stupid!

73 Roger
VE3ZI/G3RBP