[CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer

Richard Ferch ve3iay at rac.ca
Thu Dec 9 18:41:48 EST 2004

Rick, K6VVA wrote

>Exactly. But when I copy his correction *after* I've already pushed the
>Enter button, at present, I can not go back and correct the log so that it
>will reflect what was "copied"...as a tag-on by the other op.

Yep. What you *can* do, though, is type his call sign in again, press F5
and F2, and he will give you a new number (one more than the corrected one
from the last time) which you can then log. So at least you don't have to
lose a rare multiplier, even if you lose the time spent repeating the QSO.
It's also a good idea with Morse Runner to train yourself to wait a moment
or two after entering the exchange, just in case of a correction. That
being said, you can still count me among those who would like to be able to

Presumably the problem with adding an edit capability in Competition mode
is that combined with instant feedback, it would allow cheating. So, how
about delaying feedback on a QSO (not only in the log window, but also in
the score window) until after the next QSO is started (I haven't thought
this through fully, but how about defining this to be: after entering
anything except the same call sign in the call sign pane and pressing one
of the command keys (function keys, enter, space, tab, ...)?

If the feedback was delayed until then, I think it would be possible to
implement a quick edit capability something like the one in N1MM (ctrl-Q)
which would be enabled only between the time a QSO is logged and the time
the next QSO was declared started. In other words, you could edit a QSO
only before its status was displayed, and after that the QSO would be
frozen. Would that work?

73,
Rich VE3IAY