[CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer

Bryn contesting at pcpractice.com
Thu Dec 9 20:52:31 EST 2004

I just want to chip in a comment here.  As someone who did get his 20wpm
ticket but let the skill lapse, I think this program will give me the
confidence to try a CW contest in the future.  With a 1x2 call, I'm always
worried that good operators will expect me to be able to run at 30wpm, and
become frustrated with me when I don't run at that speed and keep sending
AGN.  I should not let it worry me but it does, and I hesitate to enter a CW
contest.

I have spent at least three hours playing with the software, and each time I
have improved my score, not a great score, but an improvement.  At the end I
was feeling confident to start entering callsigns directly into the
computer, before I was writing everything down before entering into the
computer. I'm not sure how difficult to code or how useful this would be,
but maybe the ability to change the exchange to reflect certain contests
would be helpful to us greenhorns.  This way we would get an idea of what to
expect from a certain contests.

Thanks for the space.

Best Regards

Bryn