[CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks - not

Keith Kerr k.kerr at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 07:18:53 EST 2004

I rather regret dragging Fred into this! I agree 100% with your comment: no
right of ownership is/was assumed. If someone comes back I'm off. Barry
W2UP, however makes a very valid point and I can see how this strategy
(which I have only occasionally used) is flawed.
Maybe I won't do it again........
Keith GM4YXI (GM7V)

At 11:24 15/12/04 -0800, Andrew Faber wrote:
>I think Fred's idea was to do a short CQ, but not with the sense that you
>now "own" the frequency.  If a "rightful occupier" shows up within a short
>period of time, you would move off.
>   73, andy, ae6y

------------
Dr Keith M Kerr,
Consultant and Clinical Senior Lecturer,
Department of Pathology,
Aberdeen University Medical School
and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary,
Foresterhill,