[CQ-Contest] Pro II v.s. IC-775

BarryMerrill barry at mxg.com
Tue Dec 21 21:02:44 EST 2004

I have both an IC775DSP and an IC756PROII.  I cannot use the IC775DSP
on CW with good conscience, as it's key clicks are bad (perhaps not as
bad as the Yaesu's, but still bad enough to get negative feedback in
every CW contest I've used it in.  I've never had a negative comment
on the 756PROII CW keying.  So I will use the 775DSP for SSB, and
the 756PROII for CW.  But I also use the 756PROII more on SSB than
the 775DSP because of the spectrum display, and I find the 756PROII
more human-friendly, especially with regard to the filter displays.

73

Barry, W5GN