[CQ-Contest] HST

Chris Pedder chris at g3vbl.co.uk
Wed Dec 22 04:27:27 EST 2004

At 18:24 21/12/2004, Jim Cain wrote:
> >Yes.  I believe most number of QSO's.  Was KV4AA.
>
>It was KV4AA for number of QSOs in a single calendar year. I remember
>writing this news story in the early 1990s and if I remember correctly it
>was for 1976, when Spenceley used the "Bicentennial call sign" AJ3AA. It
>was a little over 40,000 QSOs.
>
>I tried the Guinness (limited) on-line database but didn't turn anything up.
>
>Jim Cain, K1TN

For some unknown reason I have a 1986 Guiness Book of Records to hand:

Most assiduous Radio Ham

Richard C. Spenceley (d. 30 July 1982) of KV4AA at St Thomas, Virgin
Islands built his contacts (QSO's) to a record level of 48,100 in 365 days
in 1978.

personally, I don't favour the use of the apostrophe, but that's how it
appears in the book.

Chris