[CQ-Contest] ID'ing

K3FT k3ft at starpower.net
Mon Feb 2 15:18:11 EST 2004

And then there are certain 'S' stations that INSIST on sending their calls
at 40 (or 40+) and WILL NOT.. even when asked nicely.. slow down at all.

I'm comfortably competent at 40.. but after 40 hours into a contest - with
about 10 hours sleep or so - by Sunday afternoon/evening.. an 'S' call with
a bunch of continuous dits.. at 40 sounds like RTTY at 100 baud.

These guys I don't work. I just skip 'em. Sad.they lose Q's that way.

24-35 is a great speed range, especially if you are in the last 5-10 hours
of a 48 hour marathon and it's Sunday.

73

K3FT