[CQ-Contest] Re: [RTTY] Data conversion Need an extrta port?

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 5 06:06:27 EST 2004

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:

>This is the IC that the RigExpert uses to provide a complete digital
>mode interface on a USB port.  It only works with MixW and DigiPan
>currently, but we can hope for MMTTY support.

The Belkin F5U103 USB/Serial adaptor will provide a true serial port
with proper address and IRQ.  I've been using
two of them on a notebook with USB ports only, for both rig control (K2
& IC-706) and FSK (with MMTTY).
They run about $60 and can be found at Best Buy and/or CompUSA.
Check out AA5AU's RTTY website for more info about USB/Serial adaptors.

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail: n4bp at arrl.net                   Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
QRP ARCI #3412    SOC #1    ARS #799    Whiners #6   FISTS #7871